Have news relating to Jewish boxers? Email the editor here!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Brooks Fights to Technical Draw

Michael "Lefty" Brooks fought to a technical draw against Juan Villanueva at La Macarena, a bullfighting arena, in Uruapan, Mexico on March 23. Two judges had Brooks (9-0-1, 2 KOs) ahead after three rounds. The third judge had it a shutout for Villanueva (3-1-1, 1 KO).

The fight was stopped at 1:46 of the fourth round likely due to an accidental headbutt. Villanueva is a 19-year old who has been a pro for less than a year and has only fought in his native Mexico.

Brooks wrote on Twitter after the fight, "I can't lie, I am a little bit down I didn't get my 10th victory that I deserve... next fight will be with more everything!" This was Lefty's first fight outside of the New York-New Jersey area.

No comments:

Post a Comment