Have news relating to Jewish boxers? Email the editor here!

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Rabbi Foreman to Come Out of Retirement

Junior middleweight Rabbi Yuri Foreman is scheduled to step into the ring for the first time in two years on December 5. Foreman's recent absence from boxing was largely due to issues with his management. In May of 2014, Foreman announced his retirement.

"Unknowingly I signed a very harmful contract regarding my boxing [career]. I tried all possible ways to free myself from it, but nothing else I can do, [except] announce my retirement from boxing," Foreman wrote on Facebook a year and a half ago.

On his return, Foreman explained, "I realized that I needed a little rest, I love boxing. It is something that I’ve loved since I was a kid and I feel like I wanted to do it more."

Foreman doesn't have an opponent yet for the fight. The scheduled eight rounder will be held in Foreman's hometown of Brooklyn, New York in the Barclays Center. His fight is slated to be on the undercard of the Showtime-televised Danny Jacobs-Peter Quillin middleweight clash.

No comments:

Post a Comment