Have news relating to Jewish boxers? Email the editor here!

Friday, January 11, 2013

Yuri Foreman's Comeback Fight

Former WBA junior middleweight champion Yuri Foreman will begin his comeback on January 23 at BB King's Blues Club and Grill in New York, New York. His scheduled opponent is Brandon "The Business" Baue.

Foreman (28-2, 8 KOs) has not fought since March of 2011 and has lost his last two fights. Those losses were to world class opponents, Miguel Cotto and Pawel Wolak. While Baue (12-8, 10 KOs) has been busier than Foreman- he fought three times in 2012- he has lost his previous five fights, all to solid opposition. He's been knocked out in three of those five.

Baue's last fight was a unanimous decision loss to undefeated middleweight Cerresso Fort. In that bout, Baue did more trash talking than punching. He managed to land a couple of hard left hooks, but he spent most of the contest on the ropes donning earmuffs.

Yuri said he won't be bothered if Baue tries to play mind games, telling The Jewish Boxing Blog, "I don't really care for trash talk. I have a pretty good control over what I let go to my head." Foreman added that he won't change his preparation to fit Baue's style. "I have to focus on what I do well and not let my opponent change my game plan," he said.

Foreman's speed will likely be too much for Baue to handle. The big question is whether or not Foreman will have too much ring rust. He'll have six rounds to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment