Have news relating to Jewish boxers? Email the editor here!

Monday, October 1, 2012

Chilemba's Post-Fight Interview

Coming off of his unanimous decision victory over Rayco Saunders on Saturday night, Isaac Chilemba (20-1-1, 9 KOs) spoke with Victor Salazar of Tha Boxing Voice. Chilemba noted that Saunders was "tough." Since Saunders used a high guard, Chilemba explained, "I knew that every time I jabbed him, he was going to cover up- he's going to cover his whole body- so the only punch I could get in proper was the uppercut. And it worked well."

Chilemba, nicknamed the "Golden Boy," was originally scheduled to face the undefeated Zsolt Erdei. Isaac expressed interest in that fight and in facing the best at light heavyweight, including Chad Dawson, Jean Pascal, Nathan Cleverly, Tavoris Cloud, or Bernard Hopkins. Chilemba declared, "All I want is to be the best in my division."

No comments:

Post a Comment